In August 2020, Eagles’ Wings 2020 launched our very first outreach project called the Postcard Project.
We thought, “How can we encourage people in this trying season? Let’s share a simple picture of the beauty of God’s creation to all? Maybe it will give them a much needed lift and as they experience encouragement, they can immediately pass it along.”
Here’s how it works:
- We will send a Postcard Pack to someone who needs encouragement.
- In it they will find a beautiful postcard with a scripture verse. The backside will include a short handwritten note of encouragement.
- We will include 3 additional unaddressed postcards with postage included. As they feel encouraged, they use 1 to write back and send the other 2 to encourage others! ✝️
Since August we have shared approximately 750 postcards. We’ve sent postcards to our friends, family and Foothills Baptist congregation, widows/widowers, shut ins…everyone we could think of!
We are honored and thrilled that God is already expanding the project to serve many others!
Nursing/care facilities – We are partnering with facilities across the country to encourage their residents who have felt especially lonely and isolated these past months.
Medical facilities – In sharing my parents’ care with my siblings, we find ourselves in doctors’ offices and treatment facilities…a lot. One common thing we notice is that people need a lift, they need encouragement and to know that someone cares.
We are honored to serve both of these groups and can’t wait to see what God does through it. We will update as feedback comes in.
If you’re wondering how you can get involved and be a Ministry Partner, here’s how:
Current Volunteer Opportunities – from the comfort of your home!
Front Line Contact – Call facilities, identify ways we will serve them, maintain relationships with them
Coordinator – Be the intermediary between the contact to support volunteers
Support Volunteers – assemble postcard packs and/or write notes to recipients.
Other ways you can help:
- Pray that God works mightily through EW 2020 and that He Alone Will Be Glorified.
- Send us your favorite original photo of God’s beauty for consideration in the next round of postcards. Please include your initials, the state you live in, and the location where the picture was taken.
- Contribute financially (covers the cost for supplies, postage, etc)
- Use our ‘Contact Us’ form to send us the name of the facility your friends/loved ones are in, we will add them to our list.
Praising God for his work in our lives!